The fact is, credit union members are stronger together. There are more than one million credit union members in Iowa, and, by acting together, we can have a powerful impact on policy that affects our financial lives.
Credit unions are different than other financial institutions, they put people before profits. Great rates are possible because credit unions are member-owned, not-for-profit cooperatives, meaning all earnings are returned to members in the form of lower rates on loans, lesser fees and higher rates on savings.
That’s why it is so important to speak up as an advocate for Iowa credit unions. It allows you to ensure that those benefits will be around for yourself and for generations to come.
Show off the pride you have in your community by teaming up with your local credit union to help contribute to their long-term growth and prosperity.
The purpose of our credit union advocacy efforts is not to influence your vote, but rather to:
· Explain the political and legislative issues facing credit unions
· Educate on the unique structure of credit unions
· Show where elected officials stand on these issues
· Provide educational links so that you can make informed decisions
· Offer ways for you to take action!
We are all stronger together! Click here to show your support of Iowa's Credit Unions by joining the advocacy database.